Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Kidney Stones

Okay so Memorial Day weekend I ended up in the hospital with kidney stones. I have had one other one when I was pregnant with Kaden ironically on the same Memorial Day weekend before he was born. That one was the size of a grain of sand and I passed it on my own. This one started out on the side of my baby bump and I thought it was ligament pain like I have had for a month prior to this Friday. I tried everything to ease the pain but it got worse and moved into my back. I then realized it was the same kind of pain I had with Kaden. I tried some medication that my Dr. called in for me thinking it would be like last time. It didn't work and the pain and nausea got worse. Nate took care of the kids and by 9:30 I couldn't take it anymore I was weak and tired and couldn't keep anything down. Once at the hospital they did an ultrasound and found a huge one in my kidney that is too big to come out. The lower ones they couldn't see because the baby was in the way. They finally got me some pain relief and gave me something for the nausea. They admitted me and put me on a pca pump (where I can give myself the medication up to a certain amount). The medications made me so tired and so I would sleep only to wake up in pain because who can push a button while sleeping? Sunday afternoon the pain finally subsided when I passed the below picture. My Dr. calls it a boulder. I was so happy to be home with my family. I appreciated all the prayers and thoughts. The next Friday I passed another one just slightly smaller than this one. I have only had a few twinges of pain since and so I am hopeful that I won't have any more problems with it. Nate was such a trooper he took care of the boys, cleaned the house, did the laundry and even had flowers for me when I got home. I am so grateful to him and all that he does as a husband and a father. I love you Nate.
 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Barton Family said...

Sorry to hear about all that, I am glad all is better now. How is the pregnacy other than that? Have a fun summer!

Caralee said...

Ouch! Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope all is better soon. It is fun to see your family here. Thanks for sharing.

Mary Davis said...

What a bummer! I hope you are feeling better!
Love, Mary